27 JUNE 2015
The 0.2.5a build released with this post is a bug fix patch for the recent 0.2.5 "unstable" alpha build, the list of modifications and fixes made in this build is:
- fixed an issue that allowed characters and objects to fall through the front of the stage on the “break” game mode prototype
- fixed an issue that failed to modify the master, interface, vocal, physics, and ambiance volumes when set in the audio menu
- fixed an issue that made the “incinerator” stage not selectable from the “versus" menu
- fixed an issue with removing characters that fall from the elevators in the “elevators" stage (manifested as a terrifying partially formed aberration materialising in space (skinned meshes and body parts randomly twitching and stretching)
- fixed an issue with the extrude meat paster fails to despawn on the "chute" stage
- fixed issues with Kigurumi characters with non-standard head constructions fail to consistently trigger head-butts
- modified AI to update search references when not spawned on a navmesh (AI should be less erratic, and can move between navmeshes is specific contexts)
- modified navmesh for the "buoy” stage to support AI movement
- modified navmesh for the "chute” stage to support AI movement
- modified navmesh for the “gondola” stage to support AI movement modified navmesh for the “towers” to support AI movement modified navmesh for the “trucks” stage to support AI movement
- modified stage selection UI to immediately disable the random mode when selected (previous selection is restored)
- modified the gondola support axels on the “wheel” stage
Information on switching to / from 'stable' and 'unstable' branches
To download 'unstable' alpha build of Gang Beasts right-click on the game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the dialogue window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:' (to revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu).
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game can force the selected build to download to the Steam client.
Gang Beasts is an Early Access game that is currently in uninterrupted development, the 0.1.x and 0.2.x builds have bugs, partially implemented gameplay content and mechanics (please see the Steam Early Access FAQ at http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaqfor more information).