7 SEPTEMBER 2016
The list of modifications and fixes made in the 0.4.3 "unstable" alpha build are:
- baked lighting in the ‘elevators’ stage
- fixed a gaze targeting issue on the character select screen
- modified Steam IDs to only show when triggered (with the input mapped to show Steam IDs)
- modified the scrolling implementation in the server browser screen
- temporarily added a round timeout to end rounds at 5 minutes (we plan to review the timeout implementation / length when stage escalations are fully implemented)
- temporarily modified the default game logic to a single win per stage (to reduce spectating), we plan to support the previous logic and modified logic concurrently in a coming build
Please note there is no "stable" alpha build release with this post, the next stable release will be published soon (when the 'buoy' and 'fans' stages have been restored to the default local game mode).
Online Support on Steam Early Access
Online gameplay in Gang Beasts is currently supported in the "unstable" alpha builds on Steam Early Access (support for online gameplay in the default Gang Beasts Early Access builds is scheduled for a later stage of development).
Information on switching to / from "stable" and “unstable” branches
To download the ‘unstable’ branch on Steam right-click on the ‘Gang Beasts’ game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab and then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:’. To revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu.
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game forces the selected build to download to the Steam client (replacing the previously selected build).