22 SEPTEMBER 2016
The list of modifications and fixes made in the 0.4.4 "unstable" alpha build are:
- added infrastructure for VOIP to be enabled in a coming build (when initial testing on the the push to talk system has finished)
- added the framework for supporting additional multiplayer game modes (some additional work is needed before the first examples of other game modes can be made available for play testing)
- added server modifications to support cross play between Steam Early Access and Oculus Early Access builds
- added messaging to the root menu (for contexts when no connection to the central server can be established)
- fixed an issue with the quick join setting that could potentially make multiple connections to a server (making the loading / interstitial screens hang)
- modified the quick join setting to address an issue where scenes could load with missing geometry Online Support on Steam Early Access
Online gameplay in Gang Beasts is currently supported in the "unstable" alpha builds on Steam Early Access (online support will be added to the default Steam builds when the local multiplayer versions of the 'buoy' and 'fans' stages have been restored to the game).
Character Movement and Concussion Times
There are currently a number of discrepancies / issues that make the recent "unstable" builds differently with older builds, we will be working to standardise the control scheme and concussion system in the "unstable" builds soon when online support is added to the default Early Access builds.
Information on switching to / from "stable" and “unstable” branches
To download the ‘unstable’ branch on Steam right-click on the ‘Gang Beasts’ game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab and then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:’. To revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu.
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game forces the selected build to download to the Steam client (replacing the previously selected build).