10th January 2017
We have pushed a server fix for the glue hand issue and patched 0.5.2 build that addresses a keyboard mapping issue. Please tell us if you still have issue with the 0.5.2 build as we continue to identify and patch issues in preparation for the next build.
Patch notes for the Gang Beasts 0.5.2 beta
Since the 0.5.1 build was published on 30 December 2016 we have been working with Coatsink to standardise character movement, optimise and fix input issues, and to scale server capacity and stability as the Gang Beasts Early Access community has increased significantly since the 0.5.0 beta build was published (on the 23 December 2016).
The 0.5.2 beta build has had numerous modifications to improve the Quick Join implementation, specifically to optimise the management of server connections and make disconnections less frequent; if you have issues connecting to servers with Quick Join in the 0.5.2 beta build please test connecting to servers with low pings from the server browser.
Gang Beasts Server Tool
We are working on making a number of guides to give more instructive information on using and customising the Gang Beasts Server Tool and will be adding a specific sub-forum for the server tool (the previous Server Tool forum was made inaccessible when the tool was associated with Gang Beasts on Steam).
The list of modifications and fixes made in the 0.5.2 beta builds are:
- added support for clearing custom input mappings for a single player (previous implementation only supported the clearing of all custom mapping)
- fixed a an issue that truncated some server listings at the end of the server browser
- fixed an issue where failures to connect to the master server showed the string “MENU_ONLINE_CONNECT_ERROR” and not the associated error message for the issue
- fixed an issue with the default server filter settings that only populated the server browser with servers for the US West (N. California) and Asia Pacific (Sydney) geographies by default, the default filter now populates from “All” geographies to show all currently available servers
- fixed an issue with the punch implementation that made the character punch when exiting a grab state in some contexts
- fixed an issue with the quick join ping implementation
- fixed support for mapping custom mouse inputs (for reference mouse inputs can only be mapped to a single player)
- modified character lifting implementation (to make lifting objects and characters less erratic)
- modified damage parameters (to make concussions less immediate)
- modified drag parameters on characters to make character movement less erratic (this modification lowers the maximum potential length of throws *)
- modified maximum angular velocity parameters for characters (to make character movement less erratic)
- modified quick join implementation to make subsequent connection attempts if the current connection fails
- modified quick join implementation to prioritise low ping, part-populated servers
- modified the custom input mapping implementation to make input more stable
- modified the ping implementation for server browser stored listings
- modified the quick join implementation to give more instructive messaging
Information on switching to and from "stable" and “unstable” branches
To download the ‘unstable’ branch on Steam right-click on the ‘Gang Beasts’ game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab and then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:’. To revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu.
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game forces the selected build to download to the Steam client (replacing the previously selected build).
Please note the 0.5.0 release replaced the previous default 0.3.4 and 0.4.4 "unstable" Steam Early Access builds, moving between the default and “unstable” builds on Steam will download the 0.5.2 stable build until the “unstable” build is updated to 0.5.3