Information on participating in the Gang Beasts Online Multiplayer Beta
The signup process for participating in the Gang Beasts online multiplayer beta is open.
To manage the distribution of Steam keys for the online beta we are using the distribute() build distribution service from Vlambeer, distribute() is designed for the distribution of keys to press (please ignore Press references when submitting key requests).
Please note that the initial online multiplayer beta only supports Windows operating systems and is currently limited to three stages ('grind', 'subway', and 'trucks'), the next batch of stages that are being optimised for inclusion in the online multiplayer are 'buoy', 'gymnasium', 'ring', and 'elevators'.
The process for submitting a key requests for the Gang Beasts online multiplayer beta through distribute() has five stages, the process is:
Open the URL https://dodistribute.com/access/knof3oKvFd/ in a browser
In the ‘Log in with your e-mail address:’ section (outlined with a red box in the screen capture immediately below this sentence) enter the email address you want the beta key(s) to be sent to
Check the email account you submitted for an email from email@example.com with the subject line “distribute() | Confirm your request” and follow the instructions for confirming the request.
To confirm the request paste the 16 character code from the last sentence of the email in to text field labelled ‘Code:’ (outlined with a red box in the screen capture immediately below this sentence) and left click on the ‘confirm request’ button or left click on the long URL on the second to last line of the email.
Confirming the request will open the main distribute() key request page, from this page specify the number of keys you want to request and select the ‘PC (Steam)’ setting (outlined with a red box in the screen capture below).
Please note the maximum number of keys that can be approved per request is four.
In the ‘Or add your own publishing platform:’ section enter a your Steam username in ’Name:’ text field (outlined with a yellow box in the third screen capture at the end of this post) and left click the ‘request’ button to submit the request.
Please note that the online multiplayer beta keys will be sent out in batches, the first batches of keys will be sent out by email from next week with subsequent batches of keys being sent out more frequently as server capacity scales.
Patch notes for the Gang Beasts 0.3.4 “unstable” build
Please note there is no "stable" alpha build released with this post
The list of modifications and fixes made in the 0.3.3 "unstable" alpha build are:
- fixed a number of missing/corrupt navMeshes
- fixed an issue that could prevent front and rear sliding states from triggering
- fixed an issue that made characters stay in the ‘headbutt’ state when headbutting
- fixed an issue relating to AI not identifying a navMesh agent
- fixed an issue with spawned AI entering kill volumes
- fixed an issue with the water system that rendered water with zero polygons on specific systems
- modified enemy / object targeting hierarchies to prioritise objects in front of targeted characters
- modified stamina to reduce at a slower rate when characters are moving
- modified the climbing system to make climbing less difficult
- modified the colour palette on the ‘trucks’ stage
- modified the dropkick and diving states to use a minimal assistive targeting (to make targeting enemies / objects with dropkicks and diving less erratic)
Information on switching to / from "stable" and “unstable” branches
To download 'unstable' alpha build ‘unstable’ branch on Steam right-click on the ‘Gang Beasts’ game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the dialogue window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab and then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:’. To revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu.
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game forces the selected build to download to the Steam client (replacing the previously selected build).