5 AUGUST 2016
- The list of modifications and fixes made in the 0.4.1 "unstable" alpha build are:
- fixed Yogscast Charity DLC costumes
- fixed an issue with characters not spawning randomly
- fixed an issue with the placeholder loading screen not dismissing when joining a game as a spectator
- modified the default game mode to 3 round wins (to win the stage)
- modified the game architecture to improve stability
- modified the placeholder loading screen to show the keyboard input reference if mouse inputs are used to start the game
- modified the spectating system to spectate until the the current stage ends (spectating players join the game when the current stage ends)
- modified the master server to prepare support for additional server geographies (in Asia Pacific, Europe, India, and South America)
Please note there is no "stable" alpha build release with this post (the next stable release will be published when more optimisations and fixes have been made to the 0.4.x builds).
Information on switching to / from "stable" and “unstable” branches
To download the ‘unstable’ branch on Steam right-click on the ‘Gang Beasts’ game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab and then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:’. To revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu.
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game forces the selected build to download to the Steam client (replacing the previously selected build).