3rd July 2015
The 0.2.5b build released with this post is a bug fix patch for the recent 0.2.5 "unstable" alpha build, and the audio issue introduced in the 0.2.5a build.
The list of modifications and fixes made in this build is:
- fixed an issue that made audio play +20db louder that maximum if volume was set to 100%
- fixed stability issue when objects are spawned inside or collide with the support cables on the "elevator" stage (cables now snap instead of becoming erratic)
- modified colliders on the handles of the elevator roof hatch to allow players to pass them (without stopping)
- fixed audio samples on the "buoy", "elevators", "grind", "subway", "trucks", and "wheel" stage that could play when audio is muted
- modified the doors of the "chute" stage to stop characters from passing through them
Information on switching to / from "stable" and 'unstable' branches
To download 'unstable' alpha build of Gang Beasts right-click on the game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the dialogue window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:' (to revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu).
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game can force the selected build to download to the Steam client.
Gang Beasts is an Early Access game that is currently in uninterrupted development, the 0.1.x and 0.2.x builds have bugs, partially implemented gameplay content and mechanics (please see the Steam Early Access FAQ at http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq for more information).