9th April 2015
List of fixes / modifications in the 0.2.3 build
- fixed camera smoothing issue when camera starts / stops tracking specific characters (or objects)
- add Early Access / 'unstable' build warning and build number to game menu
- modified sun direction to remove shadow acne on some levels moved trains closer to platform to force train path to collide with players on or in proximity to train tracks
- built navmeshes for 'containers', 'gondola', 'grind', 'incinerator', 'ring', and 'subway' stages
- modified fourth wall in 'containers', 'gondola', 'grind', 'incinerator', 'ring', and 'subway' stages to ignore raycasts (to avoid conflicts with spawning objects / characters)
- modified in-game UI to ignore raycasts (to avoid conflicts with spawning objects / characters)
- moved the environment debug mode key from the ‘F12’ key to the 'backspace' key (to avoid conflicts with the Steam screenshot key)
We have also restored the mouse cursor debug spawning with 2 new objects and 2 spawnable forces:
- push volume
- pull volume
- small ball
- enemy AI
- large enemy AI
Information on switching to / from 'stable' and 'unstable' branches
To download 'unstable' alpha build of Gang Beasts right-click on the game name on the Steam library page and select 'Properties' from the dialogue window that opens, from this window select the 'BETAS' tab then the 'unstable' option from the dropdown menu (the menu labelled 'Select the beta you would like to opt into:' (to revert back to the last 'stable' branch select 'NONE- Opt out of all beta programs' from the same menu).
For reference switching between 'unstable' and 'stable' branches of the game can force the selected build to download to the Steam client.
Gang Beasts is an Early Access game that is currently in uninterrupted development, the 0.1.x and 0.2.x builds have bugs, partially implemented gameplay content and mechanics (please see the Steam Early Access FAQ at http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq for more information).